Tuesday 13 January 2015

Start

For my FMP I want to demonstrate my ability to model a wide variety of different assets, and create a scene that captures the imagination of the player while staying on a manageable scale. I intend to create an isolated house on a possibly alien planet, and use different props to bring into question exactly what planet it is on.


At the time of writing I am on the second day of the Final Major Project. Yesterday I was just sketching my ideas down, designing small elements of the scene I want to make and thinking about the floor plan but today I have been testing the scale of the structure to see if feels right spacially in engine, using various provided props as a guide. I know what shapes I want to use for the building but using the space these shapes produce effectively is quite complicated. I have run into the unsurprising problem of the cylindrical main room being too narrow.



This has led me to experiment with adding a balcony, as expanding the tube creates extra vertical space too. So far this is looking visually pleasing but it creates more problems in the positioning of stairs and deciding what to use this new room for. The headroom is quite low but I am hesitant to expand the area further for fear of ruining the exterior of the building.

No comments:

Post a Comment