Friday 16 January 2015

The Rest of Week One

I was advised to find one or two key images to keep going back to so the project would stay on track. I chose these two pictures below from pinterest, as I felt they roughly captured the key elements of what I'm aiming for.


Progress for the rest of the week-

Wednesday

It took a while but I eventually concluded on the best possible place for the stairs up to the balcony. Even so, I was still not happy with it so I went back to the original floorplan, this time stretching the cylinder to the sides rather than trying to keep it a perfect cylinder.
The problem with the balcony was that it detracted from the lower floor, which was supposed to be the main attraction of the piece. I liked the look of it from downstairs, but making it accessible was a problem. This eventually led me to the idea of having a balcony-like area solely used for storage space, with a ladder up to it similar to those in a traditional library.



Thursday

I added some key props to the 3DS Max version of the whitebox so I would have their scale right for later. Then I started doing a paintover of the main room. I didn’t get very far since I didn’t have enough inspiration.

Friday


Went back to my pinterest board to find more inspiration for fleshing out the interior. I was advised by more than one person to look at the house in the film “Oblivion” but this was too clean and sterile looking for what I envisioned, though the suspended landing pad did catch my eye. I decided what I was going for was closer to the more cluttered look of the Deus Ex: Human Revolution concept art, just without the heavy atmosphere. My current problem is that I don’t know what to clutter the room up with. With this in mind I am going to leave this paintover here and do more rough sketches of things to include.

Interior paintover with only base props
A rough paintover of the surroundings and landing pad

No comments:

Post a Comment